Monday, May 9, 2011

29: Redeeming Love


Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers, retells the Biblical story of Hosea, a story I was totally unaware of.

Angel is a child prostitute, sold into slavery by her unknowing uncle to Duke, an awful, terrible man. She’s a young lady when we meet her, but her heart is hardened and she only views love in a very cynical way. Until Michael Hosea walks in and marries her – soiled dove and all – and makes her his wife. The new couple go through heartache, through troubles and through the normal, and not normal, new marriage bumps while Angel learns to love again and learns the power of God’s love.

I really did not realize this was a Biblical story. I liked it, I thought it was interesting, but I felt that it drug on and on after a while. However, I liked reading the Biblical story of Hosea in a way that I could relate to and understand. Maybe I’ll pick up some of her other books!

I give this book a 7/10. A little lengthy, but a great retelling of what is apparently a timeless story.

No comments:

Post a Comment