Friday, March 11, 2011

18: Comfort Food


Comfort Food, by Kate Jacobs, is the story of a soon-to-be 50 year old cooking show hostess, who dreads aging and the birthday party she is expected to throw for herself. But all of this changes when her boss adds the spicy Spaniard, Carmen Vega as her new cohost to her very traditional show. (The whole time I read this book I pictured Paula Deen).

This book was cute. It was a super easy read, and was very funny in parts. Some of the food things were funny (when Carmen made octopus, EW) and some of the parts were unrealistic (uh, the wedding scene in general). I wasn’t attached to any of the characters, but I definitely liked the book overall. I think I liked her other book, Friday Night Knitting Club, even more though.

I give it a 6/10. Nothing spectacular, but a good, simple book about love and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment