Saturday, July 2, 2011

36: A Month of Summer

A Month of Summer by Lisa Wingate, is the story of Rebecca, who leaves her law practice and husband to take care of her aging father and despised stepmother. She comes with a huge chip on her shoulder, but when she arrives and begins slowly unraveling the years of neglect that have occurred, she stays longer than expected, finds that she enjoys her stepbrother, and tries to make peace with her family.

This book was good, and I loved it until about the last 30 pages. Then, it wrapped up too neatly for me. I didn’t like the ending at all (well, I liked it, but I thought it was impractical). I felt so bad for the brother and the dad and when the truth about her family comes out, I felt so bad for Rebecca because she had missed out on so much.

I give this book a 6/10. I think I would have rated it higher if the last part of the book had been written better, but if it felt rushed and smashed together. I wish there was more information about the end and what happens to the characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment