Wednesday, January 26, 2011

4: Dead in the Family


Dead in the Family, by Charlaine Harris, is the 10th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series (the books are what True Blood is based on). They are light, funny, easy reads that remind me so much of the Danielle Steel type of books – a lot of fluff and a lot of fun.

I full admit to enjoying these easy reads, but this one was tough to read. Maybe it had been too long since I read the 9th (sometime last summer), or maybe it was just this book, but I felt unresolved at the end and never felt like the book reached the climax it needed (uh, on another note, Sookie DID reach the climax she was needing based on the descriptions of her “special time” with Eric).

I felt like nothing major happened in this novel, but it was setting itself up for a few more. I wonder if the series has run its course and if it is time for Sookie to move on to another chapter. The books are beginning to be very similar, and not quite as enjoyable as they were at first. I give this one a 5/10… it needed more of a storyline, and less fluff.

2 comments:

  1. I just realized you are doing this blog and I love it!!!! I LOVE the Sookie books and I think the last one, if not the last two, have been....stupid. The last 15 pages are exciting and that's it. Plus the product placement is getting a tad out of control. I think it's run it's course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah - I totally agree. Time to move on, Charlaine. Take your scrunchies with you, please :)

    ReplyDelete