Wednesday, February 23, 2011

13: The Sleeping Beauty Proposal

The Sleeping Beauty Proposal, by Sarah Strohmeyer, is a lighthearted and easy read. It was perfect for after my last book (in fact, I MAY have started it that same night because I was all freaked out and needed something girly and easy to put my mind at ease. MAY HAVE.). In all honesty, I've read a lot of her books and I've always liked them, and this one is no different.

Genie is an admissions counselor at a university that lives in Harvard’s shadows. She’s dated the same guy, Hugh, for years. Hugh writes a very wonderful and bestselling novel and during his press tour and interview with Barbara Walters, he proposes to the love of his life. Except… it isn’t Genie. However, to everyone around her, it certainly should be her! So, she fakes it. She pretends that yes, he DID propose, and lets her mother plan a wedding and registers for presents and buys a fake ring and then Hugh comes back…

It’s cute. It’s easy to read. It’s funny and you feel for Genie. She’s dated Hugh for four years and he proposes to someone else on national TV?! He’s lucky he lives, is what I’m thinking! This would be a great book for when you need something light and easy to read. Airplanes, beach vacations, after you read a book that scares the socks off of you. Whatever :)

I give it a 7/10. Easy to read, but drug a little in parts. Still, a great book to make you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment